Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about Universal Technical Institute, Inc. If you don't find what you're looking for here, please contact us directly.
1. On what exchange is Universal Technical Institute, Inc.'s common stock traded?
Universal Technical Institute, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “UTI.”
2. When did UTI go public?
UTI went public on December 17, 2003 at a price of $20.50 per share.
3. Who is UTI's transfer agent?
Computershare. Please contact our transfer agent at the following:
P.O. Box 30170
College Station, TX 77845-3170
4. How do I obtain stock certificates? Who do I contact with questions about ownership of UTI stock?
Stock certificates can be obtained through our transfer agent, Computershare. Also, please contact our transfer agent with shareholder inquiries pertaining to stock ownership, including change of address, telephone number, and name, canceling or issuing stock certificates, and resolving problems related to lost, destroyed or stolen certificates.
5. Can I purchase UTI stock directly from the Company?
No, UTI does not currently offer investors a direct stock purchase plan. UTI stock must be purchased through a licensed brokerage firm.
6. Does UTI pay dividends?
Since March 2012, quarterly cash dividends have been paid on UTI common stock of $0.10 per share each quarter. We continuously evaluate our cash position in light of growth opportunities, operating results and general market conditions. Periodically, we may return shareholder earnings through cash dividends or stock repurchases, or a combination thereof.
7. How do I obtain a copy of UTI's annual report?
To request an annual report, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 623-445-0993. Current and past annual reports also can be viewed on the Company's website.
8. How do I contact Investor Relations?
UTI's Investor Relations department can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 623-445-0993.
9. Where is UTI headquartered?
Our headquarters are located at:16220 N. Scottsdale Road, Suite 100
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
10. When was UTI founded?
UTI was founded in Phoenix in 1965 with 11 students in its first automotive program. In January 1998, UTI acquired Clinton Technical Institute, the parent company of Motorcycle Mechanics Institute and Marine Mechanics Institute (MMI), to establish one of the nation’s premiere technical training institutes.
11. When does UTI's fiscal year end?
UTI's fiscal year ends on September 30.
12. How many employees do you have?
As of September 30, 2013, we had approximately 2,210 employees nationwide.
13. Who is your independent auditor?
Our independent auditor is PricewaterhouseCoopers.
14. Who is on your management team?
Our CEO is Kimberly McWaters and our President and CFO is Eugene Putnam. Please click on the link for biographies on our entire management team.
15. Who is on your Board of Directors?
The Chairman of UTI's Board of Directors is Kimberly McWaters. Please click on the link for the names and biographies of all our Directors.
16. What are some of UTI's recent press releases?
Click on the link to read our latest news releases.
17. How can I receive additional materials on UTI?
You may request an investor kit by contacting our Investor Relations Department.